Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Person Plural

The movie "First Person Plural" was a really interesting movie that was sad yet happy at the same time. I cannot even imagine the fear she must have felt when she got off the plane in the United States. All of the sudden she was forced into a completely new culture and new family. The adoption part of the movie was really happy! She was able to get a family who loved here. In my own life I have seen the great things that can be gotten through adoption. My neighbors recently adopted a little girl from korea. She is so happy it makes me really glad to see that my neighbors have such a huge impact in her life. My aunt and uncle also adopted four children from Colombia. They were unable to get pregnant and decided they wanted to adopt a child. After speaking with the adoption agency they were put in contact with this family. My oldest cousin was around 12 when he was adopted. It is amazing to me that my aunt and uncle adopted these children that were already so old. Most people want to adopt babies, instead, they adopted a 12 year old, a 10 year old, a 8 year old and a 6 year old. I think this example shows the true beauty in adoption
The sad part about this movie was the fact that she had a family in korea that had to give her up because they couldn't afford to feed her. No mom should have to give up her own baby due to lack of resources. The moment in the movie when they met was really heartbreaking. The thing that made me the most sad was the fact that her biological mother can never make up the time that she lost with her daughter. Regardless if they see each other a lot now she can never make up that time. This was the most heartbreaking part of the movie. Overall I thought this movie did a really great job at explaining a tough situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment