Thursday, December 1, 2011

Life History Project

I am really glad that I got to do this assignment. It really gave me an idea of who my grandmother was back when she was younger. I dont think that we take enough time to get to really know who are grandparents are. In reality they have so much wisdom and experience about life. By hearing the stories my grandmother told me I have such a better understanding about why she is the way she is today. I knew that my grandmother had a really interesting and event life but I never knew about all the stuff they went through during the war. My grandmother must be a really strong person because she had to go through things that no one should ever endure. I have a ton of respect for her and her family. Overall this project was great! I'm really happy that I could hear those stories from my grandmother, she truly is an inspiration to me!

1 comment:

  1. Often times, I feel like World War II and everything was so long ago, but it really wasn't. Your presentation made me re-realize this because of all the things your grandmother went through during her lifetime. I can't believe that her own brother was put in a concentration camp during the war. I always hear stories, but I have never actually known someone was personally affected by it. Learning about events like that and seeing them in history books makes it seem like it happened such a long time ago. It makes me forget that it only happened a few generations before us. Thanks for sharing; I enjoyed your presentation a lot!

    ReplyDelete