Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cell Phones and Africa

I thought the point about how people infer cellphone use was a really interesting one! They talked about how people would become upset if the person they were dating or had a friendship back only texted them because they didn't have the credits to call them. This seems kind of crazy to me but at the same time the more I think about it the more it seems like some of the cell phone etiquette we have here. First of all I know that when I text someone I expect a response within about five minutes. I know that I expect an immediate response because I usually give an immediate response. Also when it comes to calling someone like my mom I tend to get annoyed if she doesn't pick up. She usually picks up when I call so want her to pick up the phone every time I call. Another interesting thing about the article was the "flashing" aspect. I think its really creative of the people to think about something like flashing. The culture of cell phones has drastically changed our perspective of the world and its crazy to think that it has only happened in the past 8 or 9 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment